Planning a wedding can easily be the most stressful event in your life. There are so many things that you have to get perfect in order to make yourself or the bride happy. Believe it or not, hiring a caterer can be one of the most difficult and complex tasks that a wedding involves. A wedding is an all-day event, people are bound to get hungry, and what’s a wedding without a wedding cake? When it comes to wedding catering in Atlanta, there are a few tips to follow that will help you avoid making mistakes during the catering process.
- First impressions matter, whether the groom thinks so or not. If you aren’t completely impressed with the catering company when you first meet them, you probably don’t want them feeding everyone on one of the most important days of your life. If you want your wedding to be a magical event, you don’t want to hire a catering company who doesn’t make you believe they are capable of creating magic. Seeing pictures of their wonderful food is one thing. Don’t let yourself be sold by their glossy pamphlet and well-assembled website.
- Create a budget and stick to it. Weddings are extremely expensive. You don’t want to get yourself in too deep with the catering company that you decide to hire. Before you meet with any catering companies, sit down and create a plan of what you would like to serve at your wedding, and how much you would like to spend on it. Catering companies want to please you and make your day wonderful, but they can’t always do this with the budget that you have in mind. Your budget might mean that you have to look around for a catering company that can give you a wonderful meal for that price.
- Make sure that you let the catering company know about any dietary differences you may have from the average person. If you are a vegetarian, or have decided to be gluten-free, you need to inform them of this information. Even if only one person at your wedding is a vegetarian, they can make substitutions for that specific table. Skilled caterers are there to help create the food that will reflect you and your significant other without pushing your food beliefs on others. They can find a happy medium for any circumstance.
- Set up a session to taste their food. Looking at their photos on their website is completely different from tasting the food. Someone can be a good photographer but a terrible cook. If the company doesn’t want to arrange a tasting session, don’t hire them.
- Last but not least, don’t settle for a company until you have found the one that you truly want. It’s your wedding after all—make sure that you make a decision that you can live with and enjoy.